Thursday, December 6, 2012

lost words

In my youth, I would channel all the emotional energy of puberty into heartfelt flowery prose.  I wrote poetry on a daily basis.  Thinking back on my early work, I remember that most of it was quite good.  Shamefully, those words are lost to time.

I wrote a poem of an experience I had in Venice while sitting at a canal-side cafe.  At that point, it had already been over a decade since I had put pen to paper.  I found this piece of work recently.  I'm posting it to my blog, not only to share it, but as a reminder to wax poetically more often.




Sunday, August 22, 2010
Her fiery silken sundress,
As radiant as the name,
Contained all of its powers
Within. 
She held lilacs and baby's breath,
An offering to Venus,
And beckoned with a smile.
I followed. 

The canals gush, over-flowing,
Cascading against Roman stone. 
A romantic city on the water,
And I thirst for love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Karmic Comments: